Date(s) - September 8, 2023
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Categories No Categories
The Forest Bridge Trust invites you to join us for our annual Conservation Hui. The Hui will run over 2 days and you are welcome to RSVP for either 1 or both days.
Ranfurly Hall – 903 Kaipara Flats Road, Warkworth 0981
The Hui is designed to bring together those working in conservation and members of the public, to share knowledge and experience for greater conservation outcomes. Our theme for our 2023 Hui is Building a Legacy and we hope that our 10 key note speakers will inspire and inform you on how together we can achieve this goal.
Refreshments and a light lunch will be provided, including Vegetarian and Gluten Free options.
Seats are limited to 110 per day so it is important that you do RSVP. If you are planning to attend on the 8th and 9th you must RSVP for both days please (Day 1 & Day 2).
Link for Booking tickets for Day 2 – Tickets for Day 2
Themes Day 1:
• Iwi views on conservation and work of Kaitiaki
• Community, monitoring and the importance of data recording
• Intelligent predator control – gene technology, new trap tech, use of poisons.
• Managing animal behaviour
• Healthy forests
Themes Day 2:
• Wetlands and their importance in the NZ ecosystem
• Working with natural rhythms
• Update from Ngāti Whātua on Atuanui
• Updates from local projects
• Kiwi connectivity.
Please see the Event Agenda in Eventbrite for the full 2 day programme, speakers running order and times